THE NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL FISHING LEAGUE OWNERSHIP GROUP
The National Professional Fishing League ownership group is proud to announce the launch of a new angler centric tour in March of 2021. “THE NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL FISHING LEAGUE”. Our focus is to bring simplicity back to professional bass fishing. One lake, 125 anglers, three days of fishing the heaviest combined three day weight wins. The full field will compete on all three days. One in three anglers will get paid.
125 angler field with a two-year contract; includes an option for a third year
- No requalification for the first three years.
- Six qualifying tournaments, two spring, two summer and two fall. $5,000 entry fee per event.
- NO ENTRY FEE National PFL Championship.
- Live Stream all three days, on the water. Live in-studio commentator and live weigh-ins.
- Trailered weigh-ins; pull right up to the stage showcasing your rig and sponsors.
- Angler committee comprised of active anglers will liaison directly with the ownership group and the tournament director. This ensures the angler always has a seat at the table
Our goal is to make this a lucrative endeavor for those professionals who also hold (FAMILY) down a full-time job. We encourage anglers to fish as many other circuits as they desire. To the max extent possible, our schedule will be deconflicted from Bass Opens. Payouts have been vetted through 65 prominent anglers. They spoke and we listened! At their request, the top end of the payout bracket was distributed down. This ensures more anglers make a profit at each event:
- Half a million dollars in payouts.
- One in three anglers paid.
- No Entry Fee Championship with a minimum of $250,000 in payouts
1st $50,000 5th $14,000
2nd $30,000 6th – 25th $10,000
3rd $20,000 26th -44th $9,000
CHAMPIONSHIP (TOP 25 in points) NO ENTRY FEE
1st $50,000 5th $14,000 9th $7,000
2nd $30,000 6th $12,000 10th $6,000
3rd $20,000 7th $10,000 11th -25th $5,000
4th $18,000 8th $8,000
Majority Owner: Al McCulloch,
Second Majority Owner: Brad and Michele Fuller
Minority Owner: Paul Benson
We want to emphasize that this is a starting point. We are currently in negotiations with endemic and non-endemic sponsors. Our goal is to build an enduring tour with the anglers and their families at the forefront. Our sponsorship goals go deeper than dollars. We are striving for partners that share our values and our passion for the outdoors. This strategy gives us a certain amount of freedom to put the anglers first and build a trail that gets back to what the founders of bass fishing intended it to be!!
As revenue is added, our intention is to meet the below goals:
- $100,000 to each of the qualifying event winners.
- $500,000 to the Winner of the National Championship
- $100,000 to Angler of the year (determined by points)
- Pay one out of two anglers by year three
The field will be capped at 125 anglers. We are finalizing the rules, contract and expect them to be ready in the next 5 days. If you are interested in joining the field or just gathering more information, please reach out to one of the contacts listed below.
Contact Information: Al McCulloch –314-853-0353 or Brad Fuller – 850-496-3348