Here are the top 10 baits used in the Rayovac FLW Series event presented by Evirude on Clear Lake. Every Angler had their choice of baits and they ranged pretty far and wide. If you’re headed to Clear Lake in the late summer or fall, you might want to consider what the top 10 pros threw.
3. Early on, Mark Crutcher tossed SPRO Little John crankbaits that had been custom painted by Reckless Baits, but the majority of his weight came with a sprayed grass Sweet Beaver, a green pumpkin punch skirt and a 3/4-ounce weight.
4. Jim Hawkes kept it simple, dragging rocks with a 3/4-ounce green pumpkin Gene Larew Biffle Bug and a 7/8-ounce brown and purple Phenix football jig with a green pumpkin Berkley PowerBait Chigger Craw for a trailer.
6. Finesse was the rule of the day for Jimmy Reese. The Walmart FLW Tour pro cleaned up with a 7-inch margarita mutilator-colored Roboworm Fat Straight Tail Worm on a 3/16-ounce Frenzy Baits shaky head and a Boing topwater in his signature hitch pattern.
7. Kerry Harris stuck shallow with a bluegill-colored 6th Sense Lures Crush 50X square-bill.
9. Chris Franks hammered them with a few baits, but his bread and butter was the new Little Creeper Goby, which he glued to the belly weight on his hook for a level retrieve.