Either you are a blogger or an online marketer, a well-designed lead generation form is extremely eminent. Based on a Chief Marketer statistic, the email address is the most desired lead and 68% of businesses depend on landing pages for new leads.
The stat demonstrates how important a lead generation form is for any kind of business.
An online form that influences visitors or users to submit pinpoint information for further usage is considered as a lead generation form. These forms have many variations, such as signup forms, contact forms, registration forms etc.
Creating a lead form is way too easy, even free. All you need is to choose a lead generation form template among hundreds. Dozens of platforms let you create an excellent form. I am going to present how to create a lead generation form using Google forms.
Things to consider before creating a lead form
Organized preplanning can make your lead generation process productive. Think about the following things before creating a lead generation form.
- The people you have planned to send the form should be the right persons to receive it. Targeting the potential market is a key factor.
- Set the best moment to reach with the form. It can be a specific portion of the day or a particular day of the week.
- Brainstorm about the essential fields to include the lead form. Think and research the information you really need.
- Focus on clean data grabbing. Make sure the form structure is easy to grasp so that people can fill it up in the correct format and sequences.
- Your message to the people should be clear and straight. Let them know what to expect after filling up the form, the GDPR policy and details like these.
- Choosing the accurate call to action (CTA) is the game-changer. CTAs should be clickable and concise, such as “Download Now,” “Get Discount,” etc.
Generating leads with Google form
Google form is a free and easy to use tool to create a lead generation form. You can easily create one following these steps.
- Go to your Google account (Gmail or Drive) and click on the grid icon that appeared at the right corner. Select Forms from the list.
- A new page will open with some built-in formats. I recommend clicking on the Blank format.
- A customizable template will open. You should add a title in the “Untitled form” and a description right after the title.
- After this section, add a question in the “Untitled Question”, for instance, “Full name.” On the right side of the “Untitled Question”, you will find a list where “Multiple choice” is already selected. Click on it and choose a Short answer.
- Similarly, numerous questions can be added simply clicking the plus icon [+] appeared on the right side. You can create an “Email” field now.
- Your simple lead generation form is ready! Now click on RESPONSES and press the spreadsheet icon. Change the name as you want and click on CREATE.
Whenever someone fills up the form, you will receive the lead on the spreadsheet immediately.