Frenzy Baits started out with the idea of being unique, and innovative. Our mission is to create one of a kind baits with the best action and highest quality components. The kind of lures that you always have tied on when the bite is tough and the fish need to see something new. We have a passion for fishing, the passion to try something new, a sense of adventure. Being the first boat on the water and the last one-off. Follow our lead, and elevate you fishing to the next level. Get your rig here frenzybaits.com/store
- We recommend at least 65 lb braided line. If you snag up and start tugging the weakest link in the setup won’t be be your Frenzy Baits rig. If your rod and knot are solid you’ll probably bend your hook before the rig gives, which is actually a good thing instead of loosing your rig.
- If your losing fish, try a reel set over a violent hook set. We’ve had success with a 10 foot 25 lb mono leader for a little give on your hook sets.
- Explore different rigging options. We have the most success with swimjigs (skirted) with hollow body trailers. We love the profile of five skirted baits, actually appearing that there are even more fish in the school.
- When you feel the bottom or structure, give a subtle rod twitch to mimic a frightened school of fish as it changes direction.
- Still getting violent strikes and missing fish? Use a chatterbait as your primary bait in the middle prong of the rig. We’ve seen success on the chatterbait as it gives the fish something to lock on to when ambushing the school. The chatterbait brings them from a long way away.