One of the four new engines is the Evinrude E-TEC 90 H.O., the newest horsepower available in the Evinrude E-TEC High Output Series. The other three engines introduced are part of an exciting new line-up called the Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series.
“BRP’s Evinrude brand is always looking for new ways to enhance the consumer’s experience on the water and we’ve just raised the bar with these new models,” said Alain Villemure, Vice President and General Manager of BRP’s Marine Propulsion Systems division. “No other outboard manufacturer produces pontoon-specific engines. This is just another example of BRP’s innovative mindset and desire to uphold its reputation as the industry leader in developing new technologies.”
Tailored to meet the specific needs of pontoon owners, Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series outboards are available in 90, 115 and 150 horsepower options. Furthermore, the 90 HP engine comes in two different models – the E90SL and E90SNL. These new offerings are the ideal choice for any midsize-to-larger pontoon application.
Best-in-class features of the Pontoon Series include:
- Advanced Motor Mounts – reduces vibration by up to 40 percent, giving consumers a smoother, quieter and more comfortable boating experience
- Comes standard on the 90 and 150 HP models
- Optimized Gear Ratio – provides additional thrust for quicker acceleration, improved throttle response and greater maneuverability while at the dock
- Comes standard on the 90 and 115 HP models
- Remote Oil Tank – extends time between fill ups to 100 hours or more and allows easy access for checking and re-filling
- Comes standard on the E90SL model and offered as an accessory on E90SNL, 115 and 150 HP models
The following features come standard on all Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series engines:
- High Power-to-Weight Ratio – improves fuel efficiency to reduce operating costs and to extend range
- Low Emissions – up to 50 times lower levels of carbon monoxide than competitive models at idle speeds, significantly reducing exhaust fumes while having less impact on the environment.
- Low Maintenance – 3 years or 300 hours of no dealer scheduled maintenance means no annual tune-ups or oil changes, reducing operating costs, time in the shop and allowing for more time on the water.
“The performance of pontoon boats is greatly improved when they are powered with outboard engines that match their unique design,” added Villemure.
Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series engines will be showcased at boat builder meetings throughout the summer, and delivery will begin in the fall.
Like all Evinrude E-TEC H.O. models, the Evinrude E-TEC 90 H.O. is intended to outperform the competition., producing 10 percent more than its decal rating, and is intended to outperform any competitive 90 HP offering. Whether it’s on freshwater fishing, bay and flats or pontoon applications, the Evinrude E-TEC 90 H.O. fits every type of boating activity in this horsepower segment. Best-in-class features include:
- 105.4 Cu. In. of Displacement – provides increased torque for quicker acceleration, and higher top speed than the competition, featuring 13 percent more displacement than the Mercury OptiMax 90 HP and 8 percent more than the Yamaha 4-stroke.
- More Low-End Power –makes pulling skiers, wake boarders or tubers easier than ever before, further contributing to a more enjoyable boating experience.
- Lightweight Design – a full 9 lbs. lighter than a 90 HP Mercury outboard, providing improved fuel efficiency, better handling and superior visibility while planning as well as less stress on the structural integrity of a boat’s transom.
- True High Output Alternator – With more than twice the total output of competitors, the 90 H.O. will deliver enough power to run all of today’s outboard electronics with less chance of a dead battery.
“We are extremely proud of the performance and value of the Evinrude E-TEC 90 H.O.,” said C