The Bass Pro Shops Fall Fishing event features free activities, crafts and seminars where adults and kids can learn skills to make the most of their fall fishing adventures. The event will be held the last two weekends of September with activities available on Saturdays and Sundays Sept. 21-22 and Sept. 28 – 29 at Bass Pro Shops located across the United States* and Canada.**
Bass Pro Shops Fall Fishing event will feature free workshops just for kids during each event day including:
• Noon – 1 p.m. — Kids can learn how to fish. This free workshop offers hands-on casting instruction, a giveaway, and a Bass Pro Shops fishing certificate for the first 50 kids who participate.
• Noon – 4 p.m. — Fish for free at the kids’ catch and release pond.** Kids can put their new skills to the test by trying to land a fish at the catch and release pond.
• Noon – 4 p.m. - Free picture opportunity. Families can visit the photo area for a fun digital download that looks like it was taken at a lake.
• 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Free coloring craft. Kids of all ages can color their own tackle box craft (while supplies last).
Fall fishing fun isn’t just for kids, so everyone is invited to enjoy learning the newest tips and tricks during the free fishing seminars. Seminar topics such as how to properly use a GPS, the best baits for fall, and tips for successful fall fishing will be held at the following dates and times.
Saturday, Sept. 21 and Sept. 28:
• 1 p.m. – From Hatcheries to Lakes. Learn about fish hatcheries and how they stock lakes.
• 2 p.m. – How to Use Fishing Electronics. Learn about fishing electronics and how to use a GPS. The first 50 participants will receive a free Bass Pro Shops fishing towel (while supplies last).
• 3 p.m. – Best Baits. Learn from the experts which baits are best for successful fall fishing.
Sunday, Sept. 22 and Sept. 29:
• 1 p.m. – Local Fishing Tips. Visit with local conservation or department of natural resource representatives to learn more about local fishing.
• 2 p.m. – Expert Tips. Visit with local experts on the best fall fishing practices and selecting the right equipment. The first 50 participants will receive a free Bass Pro Shops fishing towel (while supplies last).
• 3 p.m. – Changing Water Conditions. Learn about water conditions, weather shifts, and how key factors influence fishing.
Fall is a time to enjoy the changing seasons and to turn family activities into new family traditions. This year, start a new tradition, beginning with learning new tricks for the best fall fishing trip yet during the Fall Fishing Event at Bass Pro Shops.
For more information on Bass Pro Shops Fall Fishing Event visit your local store or visit our website for http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&pageID=362&cm_sp=FallFishEvtSep2013_SP“> fall fishing tips.