The bass species of fish is one of the most popular game fish in the world. Bass is found in both freshwater and saltwater bodies. You will find bass anglers actively engaged in the sport at lakes, ponds, rivers, sloughs, swamps, and the ocean. However, bass prefer to dwell in waters that have warmer temperatures. Black sea bass, European sea bass, giant sea bass, largemouth bass, redeye bass, rock bass, smallmouth bass, spotted bass, striped bass and white bass are just a few members of the large bass family. The popularity of bass fishing is partly associated with the fact that this is not a difficult sport to pick up. Outlined below are several reasons as to why you should engage in what has emerged as Americas leading freshwater sport:
- Adventurous Bass have an aggressive spirit. It puts up a stout fight when caught, which contributes to an exciting fishing experience for anglers. Besides the adventure in fishing bass, the sport provides plenty of opportunity for family members and friends to bond together outdoors. Many individuals who engage in this fishing experience report closer relationships as it is both exciting and enjoyable catching bass together. By engaging in this fishing sport with your family or friends, you can begin to experience stronger, healthier relationships in your life.
- New Career Potential If you’re seeking a career change, the bass fishing industry offers you various options. The retail bass fishing industry is huge business. You could venture into entrepreneurship once youíve develop your game fishing skills. With an increasing number of people showing more commitment to eating a healthy diet, there ís a good market for bass fish products. If sport competition interests you, a good area to move into with your bass fishing skills is tournament competition. A career in sales is also possible, if you have an interest in advertising and promotional opportunities in the industry. With time, as you develop your fishing skills and techniques on bass fishing, you could take up a role as lecturer and share your specialized knowledge with others.
- Easy to Learn The eagerness of the bass fish to bite helps to make it a good choice of species, if you’re just getting started in game fishing. With reasonable dedication and a fair amount of discipline, you can soon become a professional. However, it helps if you have a coach or mentor to teach you about the proper equipment to use and fishing techniques to be applied. There are also plenty of learning resources on the Internet for bass anglers, and is easily accessible through online education. By making the Internet one of your information sources, you’re sure to pick lots of tips and tactics on bass fishing.
- Improve Your Diet Fish is an excellent source of protein and is rich in diverse vitamins and minerals. Including more fish in your diet can help you manage your weight more effectively. The nutrients in fish are also beneficial in promoting the health of the brain. As a bass angler, you’re assured of a free source of high quality fresh fish. This will support your efforts to maintain a healthy diet and improve your lifestyle.
- Relaxing Fishing is an excellent outdoor activity. By fishing bass, you’ll find it to be an effective way of dissipating much of the stress that is experienced in daily living. If you’re looking for a sport that allows you to relax, bass fishing is a good choice. Fortunately, you can engage in this sport throughout the year. The fish can be caught all year round. The fresh air and sunshine promote happiness and ward of depression. Bass fishing is a great way to experience the many benefits of being outdoors and promotes healthy living.
Idea Marketers (2012)
World Fishing Network (2012)