The Delta Stewardship Council is preparing next week to vote on the Delta Plan, which we see as a totally inadequate effort for restoring the Delta. This is your last chance to get your statement on the public record regarding the inadequacies of the plan.
The meeting will be held at Thursday,
May 16, 2013 at the Ramada Inn and Suites, 1250 Halyard Drive, West Sacramento,California 95691
We will be holding a rally and press conference starting at 9 a.m. on May 16th, 2013 outside the meeting. Please bring homemade signs not on posts. And please feel free to prepare a two-minute statement for the public comment period asking the Delta Stewardship Council to vote against the Plan. (If you plan on staying for the meeting pack a lunch).
Restore the Delta opposes the plan because it does not:
1) Contain a cost benefit analysis
2) Contain a water availability analysis
3) Contain a water quality analysis
4) Set flow standards
5) Protect and enhance Delta agriculture
6) Protect the Delta as place
7) Meet the legislative mandate from the 2009 legislation
8) Balance the public trust
Please help us make your voices heard.